Sunday, June 24, 2007

Cindy Is The Music

Well.... as we've all heard by now, the music is perpetual, it is the hearing that is intermittent... and boy, I'm straining to hear it tonight....

Cindy went down to Scranton to visit her Mom and see her brand new nephew. She took Jessica with her, Ashleigh and John opting to stay with me. Don't get me wrong, please! That's all fine, and those are good things. Eleanor loves to have Cindy come down for visits and Cindy gets a chance to spend some time with her. But the problem is I have this weird feeling again, like a part of me is missing.

In a few more weeks, we'll celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary. I think I love her more now than I did when we married. Is that even possible? I can't stand the thought of being away from her, even for one night. God has blessed me with the most wonderful companion imaginable. She is my mate in every sense of the word. When she leaves, even for a brief time, all I can think about is when I will see her again.

Ok, ok... so I'm a sap and I should get over it... quit whining.... deal with it! It's only one night, give me a stinkin' break!!

I don't think so.

You see, Cindy and I fell in love when she was playing in the pit orchestra for a production of South Pacific at Furman University. I think I went to every rehearsal, just see see her during breaks and walk her back to her dorm afterward. And, in the heartfelt words of Emile... "once you have found her, never let her go".

A little louder, please, Emile. She's about a hundred miles away.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

gag me with a spoon...haha

<3 ashleigh

Chris Whisonant said...

Hey, don't go there! I'm 250 miles away each week. It's really tough - especially at the beginning. I know the pit of the stomach feeling that's more like a heartache...

Yes, we're sappy men and we're not afraid to admit it!!

Jen Whisonant said...

wah, wah, wah...

both of you! i can't wait until jen wade reads this!!!

Jen said...

i had already read it and was going to avoid commenting, but since i was drug into this discussion, i will - - - try 10 months - - - try 10 weeks of not even getting to talk or missing the only phone call that you'll get for who knows how long! talk about pit...been there done that got the grey hairs and i'm sure i'll be there again before long! i do appreciate the sap, though. it's good for a smile!

Cindy said...

How sweet!

Jen Whisonant said...

aaaahhhhhhh, i love jen wade.

Rick & Cindy Shideler said...

I feel for you bro. And can relate. I haven't seen my Cindy in over 3 weeks. Have you noticed the people reading and responding to your post are all seperated from their mates right now. Weird huh? Speaking of weird, I see you have an international blog audience. You are quite the world blogger. So cool.

Jen Whisonant said...

Si.

Jen Whisonant said...

Okay, so how are the Newells? I'm living out of a box and I can still manage better than a post a week...lol! I really missed church this morning - spread our love to all. We'll see you this coming Sunday...and don't be surprised if we show up to Praise Band!!!

Jen said...

come on evans - you're not going to let her call you out like that. i'd make sure her mike is turned off! take the batteries out, too so she can't figure out how to turn it back on! :o)

Jen Whisonant said...

geez...how things will turn on ya! =) and in my own defense, i do know how to put in batteries, turn the mic on and unmute it, thank you much!!!