Monday, November 5, 2007

We Are... Marshall!! New PR!!

Well, we made it. A new PR for us, 4:14:03, official time. The trip was great. We got to see some old friends and make some new ones.

The course was flat as advertised and the weather was cool, a great formula for a good time. I've learned through experience that every race brings its own unique set of challenges, and this time it was cramps. My legs started cramping around mile 17 and it was literally a fight to the finish. I've dealt with pain before in a race, but never quite like that. I tried every trick in the book, but ultimately decided on the Nike method, "Just Do It". Hopefully in the next few days I'll have time to post some insights and observations from the weekend, but for now here are some pics.



The "pre-game" meal with Rick and Cindy Shideler.










Near the starting line, a balmy 37 degrees F.









The striptease inside Cam Henderson Center.









One last item of business...










Ready, set, go! We're in there somewhere, I promise.











Mile 6...










Mile 19.... a cramping we will go :-)










Finally....












Go Herd!!











Time to relax.









That's nothin' doc. Last race I lost three toenails.










All pictures courtesy of Rick Shideler, our "official" race photographer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you and mom would have a picture of a portable toilet...
<3 ashleigh

Jen Whisonant said...

Have I said lately how much we love you guys and miss you? and love the toilet shot - Chris knew you were thinking of him. We'll be seeing you soon...we're like gnats, you can swat us away but we'll come right back. wow - it still blows me away that you voluntarily run 26.2 miles...go team.