Saturday, October 4, 2008

Handyman

The title begs a reference to James Taylor, but I don't think Cindy would appreciate it. :-)



After our weekly run at Kennesaw Mountain National Park, we came home and started our house projects. Cindy is painting bedrooms and I am tackling our storage issues.
Now, before I go any further, I have to say that I am NOT a handyman. My grandfather McKinney could build anything, but I must have missed that piece of the gene pool. However, since we moved to Kennesaw, I'm beginning to learn. Today I installed some extra shelves in a bathroom closet. I actually got them equally spaced and level. I was shocked! Cindy is still speechless. I only wish my Pappaw could see them. He'd probably have a good laugh because I made such a big deal over simple closet shelves.



To celebrate we grilled some burgers for dinner. So much for the big weekend. Marshall got clobbered last night, but the Red Sox are on the brink of winning their series with the Angels. We'll see how that Pats do tomorrow.


I guess watching all those episodes of Home Improvement is beginning to pay off. Cindy can't wait to see what's next!

By the way, the new Kennesaw First Baptist Church web site is now up and running. Check it out at www.kfbc.org

1 comment:

Rick & Cindy Shideler said...

You can't credit Tool Time for your shelves because if you did, it would have been an addition of a 24 X 36 foot extra master bedroom with a man bathroom! Too cool to see your name on a web page. I'm still envious of KBC. Love ya bro!! Still would love to see you in Ohio. They have a Columbus marathon here. Hint hint.