Saturday, December 13, 2008

Elf Yourself

What a busy Fall! It's been way too long since I posted and tons of things have happened since the last post.

In early November we went to the Naval Air Station in Marietta as guests of Major Jim Judkins, USMC. Jim is a church member who is soon to retire from the Marine Corps after 20 years as an office in an attack helicopter squadron. He gave us a guided tour, included a trip to the Cobra flight simulator. Man, that was cool! We each got to fly an attack run as a gunner with Jim as pilot. As expected, John hit every target. I, on the other hand, only hit one or two, and that's after Jim slowed to a crawl so I could get my bearings!

We spent Thanksgiving in Aiken with my family and Scranton with Cindy's. We hadn't seen our families in several months so it was a blessing to be able to be together for a few hours.

December has been hectic so far. We're working on Christmas music at church and have a special Christmas Eve service planned. Yesterday we bought our tree. Sometime between all the programs, services and gigs, we'll actually get it decorated. Oh yeah, and tomorrow is my birthday. Woo-hoo.

And now, a video for your yuletide pleasure, featuring me, Dr Perry Fowler (my boss) and Jimmy Gunderman (our minister to students).



I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season. May God richly bless your lives in the coming days.

No comments: