Monday, May 21, 2007

Where You Are...

I noticed a little red dot on the cluster map... at first I thought it might have been a friend of ours who is serving in the military and is stationed somewhere in the middle-east. Someone pointed out to me that the dot was actually over eastern Europe, and then it hit me... it must be Luba Nell! :=) Luba is a very sweet young lady from Slovakia who was an exchange student at Fort Mill High School a couple of years ago. She stayed with some friends of ours, Rick and Cindy, and we got to know her well. She is studying to be a doctor. I wonder if she is still running....


Ashleigh is now registered at Charleston Southern for the fall semester. She has her student ID and has applied for her parking permit. Now for the text-books. Anyone want to pitch in? We do accept several methods of payment, tens, twenties, fifties, etc. I met her roommate for the first time this past Saturday at the early registration session. She seems like a very nice young lady. I'm SURE she and Ashleigh will stay out of trouble. The big graduation ceremony is this Saturday at USC-L. This week is going to be fun. I've been looking for a recent photo of all three kids together... how's this one? We spent a few vacation days days in Charleston, SC, last month. We hiked out Folly Beach to what's left of the Morris Island lighthouse. This is near the now-submerged Battery Wagner, site of the assault by the 54th Mass. Regiment in July, 1863, made famous in the movie Glory.

5 comments:

Jen Whisonant said...

CDub here... Sup with the comment deletions????? Man...

Jen Whisonant said...

We do love you anyhow...even when our sarcastic comments get deleted almost immediately...=)

Jen Whisonant said...

Do you think Rick and Cindy would take in a Newport exchange lotus geek? =)

Jen said...

your children look very happy to be having their picture taken in front of these rocks. what's ash got in her hand? has she been digging in the sand with a spoon?

Rick & Cindy Shideler said...

Don't know if I told you but Luba Nell is coming to the States this summer. She will be in Wyoming and I hope to see if I can fly out to see her one weekend. She won't be able to stop in Fort Mill or Atlanta but at the very least, I anticipate a 2 hour phone call soon. :-) Can't wait.

And yes, our house is open to all geeks. I can relate to them. Won't expand on why but just at look who all my friends are for proof. :-)