Saturday, May 12, 2007

Resistance is futile, I have been assimilated

So... here I am... the 21st century, and now I have a blog. I'm sure now that all my friends will be sending me instructions on how to do all types of fancy things, proving my technological inferiority. That's ok, though, because as long as the Red Sox are in 1st place (last night's results notwithstanding), I can deal with a lot.




The past couple of weeks have been interesting around here. Ashleigh is getting ready for homeschool graduation, and Cindy and I are dealing with having a soon-to-be college student in the house. The Palmetto Homeschool Association has 48 graduates this year, and Ashleigh is the Salutatorian. She's hard at work on her speech.


She's getting a laptop for graduation, and looking forward to Charleston Southern University.

Two weeks ago, she and John attended the Palmetto Teen Group's Spring Formal dance. Here they are, in all their glory. Am I old, or what?

Cindy and are wondering where the time went. Everyone warned us that it would pass quickly, but at the time we just couldn't possibly have understood how true that would be. Jessica is not far behind her older siblings. She's already begging for a cell phone. Pretty soon we'll being paying on college loans for all three of them :=).

So, to my friends with young ones, a little advice: "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." -- Ferris Bueller

5 comments:

Jen Whisonant said...

K, who quotes Ferris Bueller? That can't be normal, pops!

Chris Whisonant said...

Welcome!!! U should add Google Analytics to see how many hits you get. Also, if you want to keep track of other blogs, check out Bloglines.

Now if I can get Jen to start blogging!

Jen said...

welcome to our world! glad i can keep up with the newells from the west side of the US. you should add a cool map so you can where people are looking at your blog. just a thought...

Chris Whisonant said...

After seeing tons of people with the clustrmap, I finally added one through your inspiration jen. :)

Rick & Cindy Shideler said...

Jen,
No one ever accused Evans of being "normal." :-)

Evans,
I'm jealous. I don't have a blog and you do. And I thought I was the tech weenie. The kids look great. Welcome to kids in college life. But the good news is they GRADUATE and then it is just you and Cindy. WooHoo!! Love ya man..